10 things I didn’t expect to happen on our trip to Yosemite🏕
1. Becoming friends with a deer.
2. Splitting 1 sleeping bag in three.
3. Using all FIVE layers of clothing I had brought + scarf + beanie.
4. Hiking over a mountain, where there was still snow!
5. Getting attacked by a cloud of itchy bugs (it’s a vacation tradition at this point)... but getting only two bites. 💪
6. Hanging by some gorgeous little lakes, in which I couldn’t swim because they were freeeeeziiiiiiiinnnnggg 🥶
7. Tearing up below a breathtaking starry sky with shooting stars.
8. Getting really REALLY REEEEEAAAALLLYYY dusty. Really tho.
9. Our car breaking down on the way back and having to spend a night in a random tiny town, only to get back a full day later - still without our car.
10. Not getting INTO Yosemite 😝😭 We camped at Trumbull Lake, which is right outside of Yosemite and due to Covid, now you need to reserve a pass online in order to enter it. Unfortunately the website was wack and we weren’t able to get that for any of the days we were there. We still got VERY close to it, through a beautiful hike!
All in all, we had a great time and it was definitely an adventure. I hadn’t been camping probably in 15 years sooo it was an experience. Anybody else got any wild camping stories?? Anybody seen a bear? I was 100% not anxious about that the whole time 😬😅